Baldwin Accounting CPA, P.A. is a rapidly growing CPA firm looking for experienced accountants and CPA’s, Specializing in Tax, to join our team on permanent and seasonal basis.
The right candidate for this position will possess experience in all types of tax preparation. Our most successful employees recognize and understand the problems that our clients face but at the same time are able to work quickly to solve these.
Baldwin Accounting offers a rewarding environment and company ownership to those self driven individuals that would like to use their skills to keep the company growing at a high pace.
Our team members are problem solvers for our clients. We are looking for individuals that will assist us in our growth by solving our clients’ accounting needs. Our team members find the quickest most accurate solutions. Our growth is through our reputation and we need quality employees to deliver this high level of service. If you are the type of person that wants to take part of a growing organization that puts the client’s needs first, then this is the right organization for you.
We offer excellent benefits including:
- Health Insurance for employees is fully covered by the company except a small deductible
- Simple Retirement Plan- with company match
- Flex time
- Paid CPE
- Company ownership to those that qualify
The right candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Very strong computer accounting software skills
- Great Attitude and willingness to put in the extra effort to satisfy our clients
- Willingness to Learn
- Highly Productive
- Possess good judgment
- Has outstanding customer service attitude
- Strong Computer Skills
- Tax preparation
- Corporate, Partnership and Individual
- Real Estate Activities
- Tax Planning
- Financial Statement preparation
- Approving monthly financial statements
- Audits and Reviews
- International Taxes
- Tax advice
- Excellent computer skills
- Knowledge in QuickBooks
- Excellent communication skills
- Detailed oriented
- Proficient in MS Excel, Word
- Prefer 7 years of experience
Responsibilities and Duties
- Review and manage staff deliverables including tax returns, extensions, tax planning calculations, and write-up work for all entity types (C-Corp, S-Corp, Partnership, Fiduciary, Non Profit, gift, multi state and state).
- Review Compiled financial statements for Corporations, Not for Profit entities, Partnerships, and Individuals, including workpapers, accounting and adjusting entries, bank reconciliations, and client books and records.
- Prepare and review complex tax planning projections for individual and corporate estimated tax liability.
- Manage and monitor client deliverables and due dates.
- Prepare complex U.S. and multi-state income tax returns for business entities, including consolidated and nonconsolidated C-corporations, S-Corporations, Partnerships, Fiduciary, and Non-Profit Organizations.
- Prepare complex U.S. and state individual income, gift tax, and estate tax returns.
- Conduct complex tax research and prepare memorandum outlining findings and conclusions.
- Respond to IRS and state agency audits, inquires, and tax notices. Communicate with IRS and clients in connection with audits, inquires, and tax notices.
- Delegate projects to staff that can handle them most efficiently and provide accounting and tax assistance to staff as needed.
- Communicate directly with existing clients, colleagues, management, and IRS representatives regarding various tax matters.
- Assist with business development efforts, including but not limited to, meeting with prospective clients, preparing fee quotes and proposals, and evaluating clients’ needs.
- Lead department in knowledge of software, processes, and workflows.
- Assist with employee training for new hires and ongoing employee training.
- Engage in consulting and special projects as requested by Management and Clients.
- Takes direction and reports to the Partners of the tax department.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- CPA Certification required.
- Good oral and written communication
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Ultratax, and Adobe software.
- Proficient in QuickBooks or equivalent accounting software desired. At minimum, must have sound knowledge of basic functionality of QuickBooks or equivalent accounting software.
- CPA certification required.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or other major with tax and accounting (through intermediate) course work completed.
- Minimum of five years of experience preparing all types of tax returns with a public CPA firm or private company.
- Minimum of two years reviewing all types of tax returns and compiled financial statements with a public CPA firm or private company.