Hurricane IAN SBA Disaster Assistance
The Small Business Administration (SBA) provides disaster assistance for homeowners, renters, nonprofits, and businesses of all sizes affected by Hurricane Ian.
Caution: The following list of qualifying counties is preliminary and can change as damage assessments are concluded.
Florida Areas Eligible for SBA Disaster Loans – In the Florida counties of: Charlotte, Collier, DeSoto, Hardee, Hillsborough, Lee, Manatee, Pinellas, and Sarasota.
For Economic Injury Only Loans: in the contiguous Florida counties of: Broward, Glades, Hendry, Highlands, Miami-Dade, Monroe, Pasco, and Polk.
Application Filing Deadlines:
- Physical damage: November 28, 2022
- Economic injury: June 29, 2023
Types of available disaster loans:
- Home Disaster Loans – Loans to homeowners or renters to repair or replace disaster-damaged real estate and personal property, including automobiles.
- Business Physical Disaster Loans – Loans to businesses to repair or replace disaster-damaged property owned by the business, including real estate, inventories, supplies, machinery and equipment. Businesses of any size are eligible. Private, non-profit organizations such as charities, churches, private universities, etc., are also eligible.
- Economic Injury Disaster Loans (EIDL) – Working capital loans to help small businesses, small agricultural cooperatives, small businesses engaged in aquaculture, and most private, non-profit organizations of all sizes meet their ordinary and necessary financial obligations that cannot be met as a direct result of the disaster. These loans are intended to assist through the disaster recovery period.